Thursday, August 25, 2011

Waiting...

                                                               Source: homester.com.ua via Marina on Pinterest


I have been quietly waiting.

Well, my thoughts haven't been quiet but I have been trying to adhere to the old "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." But, I don't want my little space here to be a scrubbed and white washed version of my life.

The truth is: if you have been in this mid-move slump before, you understand. Or if you have ever waited for something or someone, you understand. You want that moment to just hurry-up-and-get-here-already!
The moment is almost here. We were supposed to leave this last Monday, but an extra class was added to my husband's schedule. After having a date on the calendar for so long {and counting down to that day} for so long, I have been a bit grumpy over the change. I am tired of living out of a suitcase. I am over not having my own space. (even though I am very grateful for the people who have sacrificed their own personal space so that we could invade it for a time.) I am mentally over being a single parent for the most part. (and I must say that while living with grandparents is amazing for the built-in babysitter and support but there is an exhaustion that comes with having to parent your child with full-time audience. Or is that just me?)
I am ready to get this show on the road.


We leave this Monday. We will live in a hotel for an extended period of time. I will be working and our little man will start pre-K. Large chunks of change will be hitting us at rocket speed and I know I shouldn't wish away this period of resting and waiting. But I am. With the exception of a special birthday celebration on Saturday, I fully admit that I am wishing away the weekend.
(And I will say that I am NOT looking forward to the trip overseas with a newly 4 year old, two Jack Russell Terriers, and 6 suitcases. With a 7 hour layover in New York. And a total of 18 hours. Yikes.)
Bring it on. I have been waiting long enough.

2 comments:

LauraC said...

That is how I felt the last few weeks, waiting for kindergarten. Ready for the change to just be here already!

Heather Dray said...

I know your waiting is finslly over, and now ours is just about to be over! This post is exactly how I've felt for the past few weeks...

Post a Comment