Monday, May 30, 2011

My Not to Do List

                                                                             Source: julia.blogg.se via Megan on Pinterest


I am a list maker... And, with a huge transition and move in front of us, I have lists everywhere. Written lists in my day planner. A moving notebook with check lists. Springpad is my new best friend. And on nights like tonight, the evening before my week "officially" starts (does it ever really end when you stay at home?), my mind is mentally preparing for all that I need to do this week.

But after reading this post over on The Creative Mama, I have decided to create a second list in my journal this week: things I am not doing. I am starting tomorrow by making coffee for a friend and doing nothing but catching up on our weekends. I am also choosing to donate the remainder of the items that I was going to try to sell on Craigslist: the hassle and time lost is not worth it with everything that must remain on the to-do list...


By choosing to not do something, I am making a statement about what means the most to me. I recognize that  I don't do "Good-bye" well. I tend to leave with little fanfare, leaving the "goodbyes" and "You meant a lot to me" unsaid. So, this week, I am choosing to let certain chores go by the wayside in order to spend quality time with a friend. And I will let a couple of dollars go unearned in order to have some extra time to spend a couple of hours at the beach with my son...

My beginning-of-the-week list has never looked so good...

No comments:

Post a Comment